After slaving in the kitchen for hours and hours on Thanksgiving Day, you inevitably made way too much food. So what are you supposed to do with the leftovers? Make cottage pie, of course!
Thanksgiving Cottage Pie
- 2 - 3 cups turkey shredded
- 0.25 - 0.5 cups turkey gravy
- 1 cup carrots steamed
- 1 + cup potatoes mashed
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Shred your pre-cooked turkey and place it in a large bowl. You can use both dark and white meat.
- Add the steamed carrots to the turkey and mix.
- Pour gravy into the bowl and mix to combine. The turkey/carrots should be lightly covered with gravy.
- Place in a baking dish or pie pan.
- OPTIONAL Cover turkey and carrots with a layer of stuffing/dressing.
- Layer the mashed potatoes on the top and cover evenly.
- Lightly grate parmesan over the mashed potatoes.
- Place pie in the oven and bake 30-45 minutes.
- For the last few minutes, turn on the broiler to crisp up the top.