One of my favorite quick breads to make is banana bread. I usually stick to the same-old recipe, but I decided to try Nami’s recipe over at JustOneCookbook, with some additions. It turned out wonderfully!
- 4 bananas
- 208 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg , freshly grated
- 113 grams butter , softened
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 eggs large , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Place 3 unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove bananas and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F/175C.
- Butter/oil the bread pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Incorporate the eggs, oil, and vanilla into the butter and sugar.
- Peel the roasted bananas and mash.
- Add bananas to the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared bread pan and drop on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Slice the remaining banana and arrange in a single layer on the batter.
- Bake bread for 45-50 minutes.