After grilling up and devouring most of the duck, I was left with a carcass full of flavor potential. I decided to make up a simple duck stock to be used later on for soup.
Basic Duck Stock
- 1 duck carcass
- 1 onion
- 2 rib celery
- 2 carrot
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Remove most of the meat from the duck carcass.
- Place the duck, onion, celery, carrot, peppercorns, and bay leaves in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Cover the stock ingredients with cool water.
- Set the stove on high and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Strain the stock and store or use immediately.