There’s something so wholesome and comforting about homemade chili. Spiced with cumin, garlic, oregano, chili powder, this is a recipe sure to be flavorful.
There's something so wholesome and comforting about homemade chili. Spiced with cumin, garlic, oregano, chili powder, this is a recipe sure to be flavorful.
Servings: 8 serving
- canola oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- , 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 kg ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 700 ml tomato juice
- 400 ml tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin , ground
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano , dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper ground
- 1 pinch sugar granulated
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon harina masa
- In a Dutch oven, saute chopped onion in canola oil until slightly translucent.
- Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add ground beef. Cook until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for masa harina) and cook for 1-2 hours.
- In the last ten minutes, stir in the masa harina.
In this recipe, I used Thai chili powder, which is EXTREMELY hot. If you have any other type of chili powder, you should be fine adding quite a bit more.