One thing I enjoy doing is making a large batch of pizza dough and then freezing the dough balls individually. When I want to make pizza, I can just remove one from the freezer to the fridge the night before, and then get a fresh, piping hot pie in under an hour. This is one of my favorite combos with mushrooms, prosciutto, and bell peppers.
- Place your pizza stone in the center of your oven.
- Preheat to its hottest setting for 45 minutes.
- With about 1 teaspoon olive oil, saute the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until well browned. Reserve.
- Sprinkle semolina on your baking sheet.
- Place the dough on top of the semolina and roll out into a circular shape.
- Brush the outer edges with olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Spread chopped tomatoes from the center out to the edge of the oiled crust.
- Evenly place your toppings (mushrooms, mozzarella, bell pepper, etc.) on the dough.
- Sprinkle with salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper flakes, to taste. Add Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Transfer the pizza onto your stone by sliding it off the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10+ minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove with tongs and let rest for five minutes.