I was doing a little experimentation tonight. I wanted to smoke a chicken breast (for the first time)....but also make miso ramen. It worked out better than expected! Check out my bento post to see how you can pack the leftover ramen for lunch. :)
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, saute the garlic and ginger in sesame oil for one minute.
- Pour over the sake and boil for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a steady simmer.
- Grind the sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle and add to the broth.
- Using a small, fine-mesh strainer, dissolve the miso paste in the hot broth.
- Allow to simmer over low-heat until the toppings are ready.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the ramen noodles and cook to desired doneness.
- Remove the noodles to a strainer and rinse under cool water.
- Place noodles in a bowl and add desired toppings.
- Pour miso broth over the noodles and enjoy!